Clicking on note links

Hello, I'm having some trouble with evernote. I use to be able to open note links in the same window by left clicking on them. Now when I left click on the notes it brings me back to the main screen. The only way I can open them in the same window is to right click, then click open. It's kinda frustrating.

I also am confused about the web clipper, anytime I try to use any tool it automatically takes a screenshot and sends me to screenshot mode. How do I stay in full page mode and highlight things, and use the markup tools??  I love this app, but it's not operating consistently, which is weird!!! 

Hello, I'm having some trouble with evernote. I use to be able to open note links in the same window by left clicking on them. Now when I left click on the notes it brings me back to the main screen. The only way I can open them in the same window is to right click, then click open. It's kinda frustrating.

I also am confused about the web clipper, anytime I try to use any tool it automatically takes a screenshot and sends me to screenshot mode. How do I stay in full page mode and highlight things, and use the markup tools??  I love this app, but it's not operating consistently, which is weird!!! 

Which client are you using?

Are you talking about note links or notes?  The former sounds like you're trying to open a note (not a link) via the Windows client - a program you download & install.  The latter sounds like you're trying to open a note (not a link) via a web browser.

I usually right click on my notes and click "copy note link" and then paste that in different note. It use to work flawlessly, but now when I left click on note links i have pasted in my notes it brings me back to the main screen. I'm using the windows client 

\

I usually right click on my notes and click "copy note link" and then paste that in different note. It use to work flawlessly, but now when I left click on note links i have pasted in my notes it brings me back to the main screen. I'm using the windows client 

\

In regards to notelinks, the Windows client is using new behavior and I'll clarify a bit more on it.

If you select "Copy Note Link" and paste back into Evernote, you should see no change in behavior. You should get the green note links with the note title as the anchor text

If you select "Copy Note Link" and paste anywhere else (such as into a browser address bar or notepad) you will see an https.... link. This link will behave better "out in the wild" outside of Evernote. Virtually every operating system knows how to deal with an https link (in case you don't have Evernote installed on that particular machine) and there is a way to add that note to your account or even request access to it if you don't have permission to view the note. Under the old system, users would run into various issues when pasting a note link outside of Evernote and we're trying to streamline that process.

In the Evernote for Windows client, if you select your note(s) and then hold down Ctrl then go up to the menu bar and select Notes >> Copy Note Links then you will always get old behavior.

If this does not address your specific problem, please search the board on 'note links' as there has been quite a bit of discussion on it. Also, the link back to dlu's quote includes more discussion on note links.

Archived