(Archived) Apparent double upload "billing".

I'm a premium user, uploading a lot of images of text. The images are scanned documents, each three to six pages long. After I get them on Evernote, I use the merge feature to make the appropriate images into a single note. It appears that I am "charged" the upload "fee" when I send the images the first time, and "charged" again when I merge several together.

Is this as intended? Can you suggest a less "expensive" way to get my pages grouped as notes and onto EN?

I was considering putting them into a local notebook, merging the images as appropriate, then moving them into a synchronized notebook. Is there a way to do this?

Pete

If you sync two notes with 1MB images to Evernote, and then merge these to create a new note, then that would use up 4MB of quota total.

If you're adding the images from the same machine that you're merging, then you could either add them to a local notebook first, or else disable automatic synchronization (or change it to "daily") and then just merge them in a normal notebook before you sync manually.

If the images are being added to Evernote from a different device (e.g. a phone), then there's not really an easy way to merge these without uploading the images twice.

I don't see how merging two 1mb images makes 4mb, since the original two images go away, but I guess you're saying that the merge happens on the local machine and a new double-size image is sent to the server instead of the information that two notes are to be merged.

The idea of changing the sync time while I'm doing this is a good one. I'm a bit frustrated with having lost so much of my first month's upload volume, especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to pay extra to upload my whole set of images at once. I do recommend you reconsider that - it seems like a way for you guys to make more money!

Pete

Archived