(Archived) Highlighting & clipping non-contiguous text

Is there any way to do this? For example, what if I want to save, in a single note, the most important snippets of feedback in a forum thread? Only some comments will be valuable, so I don't want to clip the whole page. And because of formatting issues, I probably can't highlight the whole page, then edit down the text after importing it. And it would be annoying/slow to highlight and clip one good comment, then switch back and forth between windows copying and pasting subsequent good comments into the note.

I just tried it out on a thread on this support board. Using Ctrl allows me to select non-contiguous text, but when I use the bookmarklet, Evernote only imports the first piece of selected text. The rest don't show up.

Am I doing it wrong? If it's not possible to do, are there plans to make it possible? Any workarounds others have figured out?

Thanks!

It's not going to be much better than the back and forth cut and paste process you mentioned, but you could stay on the forum page, select text one at a time for separate notes, and when done go over to Evernote and merge them into one note.

Using Firefox on Windows, I was able to do a ctrl + click, then Ctrl+C to copy two non-contiguous pieces of text. Then, instead of using the clipper or bookmarklet, I used the Ctrl + Alt+ V shortcut to create a new note from copied text. (Tools > Options > Note tab; Use Ctrl+Alt+V to paste to New Note from any application). This gives me the two pieces of text, in a new note, with the source link included.

Unfortunately, there's no spacing between the two pieces, so I had to manually enter a blank line to separate the two.

Archived