How to search numbers

I have evernote for windows on pc and phone. I am comfortable searching for most things but can't seem to find a solution for number searches.

When I search for a number for eg 12345, I can search 123 or 123* and this works no problem. If I search 345, no results. Tried with wildcard *345 and still no luck.

I have researched everywhere and can't find a solution and realize wildcards can't be used before the search.

Any ideas, because this would just about make EN complete for me

Andrew

I have evernote for windows on pc and phone. I am comfortable searching for most things but can't seem to find a solution for number searches.

When I search for a number for eg 12345, I can search 123 or 123* and this works no problem. If I search 345, no results. Tried with wildcard *345 and still no luck.

I have researched everywhere and can't find a solution and realize wildcards can't be used before the search.

Any ideas, because this would just about make EN complete for me

Andrew

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54522-why-this-cant-be-searched/

Hi Burg....

Thanks for the quick response. I'd actually read this thread earlier but just checking to see if anything had changed with regards to number searches.

Still love EN tho'

Andrew

There's nothing different between numbers & letters. As stated in the linked thread, an Evernote "word" is a series of letters, numbers & the underscore. Everything else is a delimiter.

Yes but words you tend to remember the first part and numbers the last. 

Usually a word search is and* for andrew but for a phone number or long list of numbers you often remember the last few integers and try to search using *789 for 1234-56789. 

Anyway, thanks for your help

Andrew

Yes but words you tend to remember the first part and numbers the last. 

Usually a word search is and* for andrew but for a phone number or long list of numbers you often remember the last few integers and try to search using *789 for 1234-56789. 

Anyway, thanks for your help

Andrew

That may be the way *you* think. But I'm pretty sure this is not a fact or even common enough for Evernote to treat numbers differently.

Archived