Stop 'Note Size Limit Exceeded' Nag Screen?

I tried to make a note with an attachment > 25 MB so I got the "Note Size Limit Exceeded" popup. I tapped the "Not now" option (instead of "Go Premium") and tried to delete the draft but I can't find any drafts. Yet after closing the app and re-opening, that nag popup keeps coming up. How do I find that note and delete it so I stop getting that nag popup?

I tried to make a note with an attachment > 25 MB so I got the "Note Size Limit Exceeded" popup. I tapped the "Not now" option (instead of "Go Premium") and tried to delete the draft but I can't find any drafts. Yet after closing the app and re-opening, that nag popup keeps coming up. How do I find that note and delete it so I stop getting that nag popup?

There is no such thing as 'drafts' in Evernote.  You will need to either delete the attachment or perhaps delete the entire note, then empty the trash.

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I don't see the note at all, nor the attachment. I've looked in both my notebooks and don't see it anywhere (which is why I inquired about drafts b/c it's not in my notebooks).

I used a Google Drive app to send a file to Evernote, so it opened up Evernote. EN then told me the file was too big. The file is no longer in the Google Drive app, and I'm guessing the issue is in EN, not Google Drive, b/c EN says it failed to sync the note...which means it created a note and is trying to upload it but can't. But I can't find it in EN.

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I don't see the note at all, nor the attachment. I've looked in both my notebooks and don't see it anywhere (which is why I inquired about drafts b/c it's not in my notebooks).

I used a Google Drive app to send a file to Evernote, so it opened up Evernote. EN then told me the file was too big. The file is no longer in the Google Drive app, and I'm guessing the issue is in EN, not Google Drive, b/c EN says it failed to sync the note...which means it created a note and is trying to upload it but can't. But I can't find it in EN.

Did you look in/empty the Evernote trash?

If that doesn't resolve it, you should submit a support ticket.  (See my signature.)

• 3 months later...

Did you get this issue resolved because I am having the same issue and it is making the app unusable.

Yes, I figured it out b/c Evernote Support couldn't figure it out. I don't remember the exact steps but it went something like this:

1. Download iFunbox and install it to your computer.

2. Connect your phone to your computer.

3. Open iFunbox. It should automatically recognize your device.

4. Click the first tab in iFunbox ("iFunbox Classic"). You'll see a directory of your phone's contents.

5. Click the + sign for "User Applications" to expand the directory and look for Evernote.

6. Don't remember where I got the location of the problem file (the phone app's nag screen maybe?) but if you don't know where your problem file is, just browse through the whole directory under Evernote, you'll eventually find the problem file. I think you right-click the file and delete.

Hope that helps.

There is no such thing as 'drafts' in Evernote.  You will need to either delete the attachment or perhaps delete the entire note, then empty the trash.

Ah thank you so much! This has been bugging me for weeks - I didn't realise there was a trash. Now those notifications have thankfully stopped!

• 7 months later...

I also tried to make a note with an attachment > 25 MB so I got the "Note Size Limit Exceeded" popup. Same problems all round. But I cannot find Evernote trash anywhere on the iPhone app? What am I missing? I guess I can try iFunbox, but that sounds like a chore!

installing iFunbox is easy, and so is using it. if you can't find the EN trash (and there's a good chance it's not there anyway), iFunbox is your best option

Archived