(Archived) Bug Report and questions about sharing and colloboration..

Sugeeth Krish

• Evernote Expert
As a premium user, i created a dummy free user account and i am now exploring the concept of sharing and colloboration.

Case 1 : Premium user invites free user to accept his notebook. Fine, In this case, the free user was able to get an invite through email, and when clicked, it went to Evernote Web, where free user accepted, and the notebook downloaded fully into Free user's Client.

1) View Notes : Free user is able to view the changes made by premium user in his client, but unable to edit them.
2) View Notes + Activity : Free user is again able to view the changes made by premium user in his client, but unable to edit them., Can someone explain what is the difference between both these options (1) & (2)
3) Modify Notes : Free user is able to modify the notes.
4) Modify Notes + Invite Others : Free user is able to modify the notes, but he is unable to share. When Free user clicks 'Sharing Options' , get the error message - '
"Sorry, we have encountered a system error." This looks like a bug to me.

Case 2 : Free user invites Premium User to view his notebook.
1) View Notes : Premium user is able to view changes made by free user in his client, but cannot edit.
2) View Notes + Activity : Premium user is again able to view the changes made byfree user in his client, but unable to edit them., Can someone explain what is the difference between both these options (1) & (2)
(3) Modify Notes : Premium user is able to modify the notes.
4)  Modify Notes + Invite Others : Able to edit and sync info with free user, but again encountering same error . .. "
"Sorry, we have encountered a system error." This looks like a bug to me.

So, is it a case, where both free and Premium users get the same features as far as sharing and colloboration are concerned, or is there some difference that i was not able to spot. Kindly help!?

Archived