Text Search

I have selected AllNotes and click on the magnifying glass to do a simple search within those notes but all I get is note title results and no text within notes. Am I doing something wrong?

What client(s) are you using.  Searching will list notes with that text in the results pane.  If you want to search within a particular note, you need to select that note & use the search within the note function.  At least that's the way it works in the Windows client.  A general search will not list each occurrence within each note.

Well that seems pretty ludicrous to me.  You have to actually select the note to search for text within the note?  That, to  me, is non-functional searching.  You should be able to do a search for a word and have any notes as a result that contain that word. 

Well that seems pretty ludicrous to me.  You have to actually select the note to search for text within the note?  That, to  me, is non-functional searching.  You should be able to do a search for a word and have any notes as a result that contain that word. 

It may seem ludicrous to you.  But it would be ludicrous to me to have to have to filter through, say 20 notes that contain the word 'kidney' to find the one I'm looking for.  Therefore, it's best to use the other features of Evernote such as applying a descriptive title to your notes.  Then I can quickly & easily find the ONE note I'm looking for that is a recipe for kidney beans instead of info on a kidney shaped pool, kidney transplants or canine kidney diet.

Archived