Feature suggestion: dates and coordinates in my note text

Ian Engelbrecht

Idea

Dear Evernote Team,

It would be great to have little buttons somewhere to add dates, times and coordinates into the text of my notes. This way I could quickly record information about multiple events and locations within a single note, which I often do. At present I type the dates manually, but I keep the coordinates in a different app organized with the same titles I give my Evernote notes. It would be wonderful to have everything in the same place.

I am aware that Evernote 'stamps' its notes with a date and geolocation when they are created/edited - this is not what I am talking about here. I mean adding dates and coordinates in the actual text of the note. This would greatly improve the applicability of this app for my purposes, and I'm these features would find wide usage in the Evernote community.

Many thanks,

Ian

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Have a peek at everlog

it's really good at capturing structured info into Evernote.

It has buttons to add date and time inline with your typing (as well as optionally date/time/place stamping the whole note).

In the second image I created a sample form with some options, and collecting date/time position in the text field with those buttons as well as adding dedicated selector widgets in the form for collecting that.

Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020131222%2023 Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020131223%2000

(Due to a forum bug, image will only be visible whenlogged into the forum)

Also Clever and Clever HD are alternate Evernote clients for ios which also offer a date/time button and a position button on the toolbar.

Archived