(Archived) Screenshot tools unresponsive on 10.8.5,

Emilie B

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread, but I only found one about this issue dating from a year ago so I thought I'd open a new one.

Since I downloaded Skitch on my Mac book Air (10.8.5, 1.7ghz intel, 8gb ram), all of the screenshot tools have been disabled for me.

I can use the camera and use the blank document function, but not the fullscreen, screen snap, or timed screen snap. Needless to say, this is very frustrating as these are the only reasons I use Skitch and Evernote.

The text on these buttons appears to be grayed out (http://cl.ly/image/0R0f3I15273R) as well.

I have reinstalled the app so many times I can't even count, both from your site and from the Mac store. Currently I'm on 2.7.1. I have also made sure to do complete uninstalls, trashing the library and preference files as well.

Meanwhile the app continues to function on my MPB also running 10.8.5,

Please help! Is there any way to send app specific logs?

Here are the console.app logs from the time the app crashed while I was trying to sign into Evernote, to now. I've clicked on the screenshot buttons several times, not sure if that comes across in the logs or not: http://pastebin.com/dpz9jPVC

Best,

Emilie

Something to try if it is not too much trouble would be to create a new user on your system and see if that works for you. if that works then we will need to clean Skitch files from the problem user directory and start clean. To do that you would:

If you are using the direct download version delete the following:

~/Library/Preferences/com.skitch.skitch.plist

~/Library/Application\ Support/Skitch

~/Library/Application\ Support/com.skitch.skitch

If you are using the App Store version delete the following:

~/Library/Containers/com.skitch.skitch

You will have to login to Skitch again and everything will have to sync down again as well.

Lester

Archived