(Archived) Source/URL data for notes from "Import Folders"?

briantrease

Hi,

This may end up being a feature request, but I want to first make sure my understanding is right.  I have an import folder to bring in photos.  The notes that are then created in EN however end up having a blank URL field.  I've seen elsewhere in the forums that the URL field should actually show the file location of the import folder that it came from.  e.g.  file:///C:\Users\...\image.jpg in the sourceurl field.

Was this ever the case, and is it likely to be added back?

Thanks,

Brian

• Level 5*

To my knowledge that's never been the case,  but since you can create multiple import folders it's easy to get around if you need to - just assign each folder to a different notebook;  then you know all the files that go into notebook "c:\users\xxx\folder1" came from there..

Or:

Using Evernote Windows it's easy to generate a file:/// link - drag and drop your file into a 'run' box (Win+R) for the full file path,  copy and paste into Ctrl-K to create a link

But why would you

1) bulk import JPGs into Evernote and

2) care which folder they came from?

Hi,

This may end up being a feature request, but I want to first make sure my understanding is right.  I have an import folder to bring in photos.  The notes that are then created in EN however end up having a blank URL field.  I've seen elsewhere in the forums that the URL field should actually show the file location of the import folder that it came from.  e.g.  file:///C:\Users\...\image.jpg in the sourceurl field.

Was this ever the case, and is it likely to be added back?

Thanks,

Brian

I've used import folders everyday for years. IME, they NEVER populate the URL field.

Archived