elephant icon missing in safari task bar

Banjo

I used to use Evernote and love it but now I can't get that handy icon back in the safari task bar that clipped the whole page when I asked it to.  Now the icon is just displayed in the menu bar above the safari bar and only clips the window or a rectangle but not the whole page.  It used to be so easy.  I went to preferences and still only get the elephant in the very top bar where it doesn't do what I want it to do, which is to copy the whole page, not just the window.  I gave up evernote last year because of this glitch, but I'd really like to use it again.  I am using mac mountain lion and just got the latest evernote edition yesterday and still the same problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help Browncoat.  I'm running Safari 6.0.5.  I downloaded the clipper and now I have the icon beside the address bar.  It's not as easy to use as the last one I used and when I clip it does the whole page like I wanted but then I can't find the page in my notes.  It should go into the folder I designated in preferences but it doesn't.  It doesn't seem to go into my notes anywhere.  Once it did but not again.  I'm finding the new evernote not useful to me.  I'll fool around with it more to see if I can straighten it out but the old version I much preferred.  I just want local notebooks, no need to synch.  I used to use it all the time and found it easy.  Too bad.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm running Maverick (10.9.5) and Safari 7.1 (updated just this morning).

The Evernote clipper icon had disappeared because the extension had to be re-enabled via the Extensions tab under Preferences.

(should have paid attention to the Finder pop-up that said something about managing Safari extensions after doing the update)

Archived