(Archived) Import Voodoopad doc

why?

Idea

Hi All,

I have some 300 pages in a Voodoopad doc that I'm trying to import. However the script I'm using is throwing up an error. As I'm not a coder I wondered if you genuises could help me out?

tell application "VoodooPad"    tell document 1    	repeat with thisPage from 1 to number of items in pages			set theName to display name of page thisPage			set creationDate to created of page thisPage			set theText to text of page thisPage			tell application "Evernote"				create note with text theText title theName notebook "VoodooPad Imported Notes" tags "imported_from_VoodooPad" created creationDate			end tell		end repeat	end tellend tell

This code is taken from here.

When I run the code in the Applescript Editor I get the following error:

error "VoodooPad got an error: every item of every page of document 1 doesn’t understand the count message." number -1708 from every item of every page of document 1

I have attempted to change the "repeat with..." without success.

What I'm after is a script that will import all Voodoopad pages into evernote retaining the creation dates and formatting.

I should add that I tried exporting HTML from Voodoopad, but it crashes on some of the pages with code examples. I've successfully exported RTFD, but Evernote quits when importing and has issues with some of the RTFD files, besides which I loose the creation date.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi All,

I have some 300 pages in a Voodoopad doc that I'm trying to import. However the script I'm using is throwing up an error. As I'm not a coder I wondered if you genuises could help me out?

tell application "VoodooPad"    tell document 1    	repeat with thisPage from 1 to number of items in pages			set theName to display name of page thisPage			set creationDate to created of page thisPage			set theText to text of page thisPage			tell application "Evernote"				create note with text theText title theName notebook "VoodooPad Imported Notes" tags "imported_from_VoodooPad" created creationDate			end tell		end repeat	end tellend tell
This code is taken from here.

When I run the code in the Applescript Editor I get the following error:

error "VoodooPad got an error: every item of every page of document 1 doesn’t understand the count message." number -1708 from every item of every page of document 1
I have attempted to change the "repeat with..." without success.

What I'm after is a script that will import all Voodoopad pages into evernote retaining the creation dates and formatting.

I should add that I tried exporting HTML from Voodoopad, but it crashes on some of the pages with code examples. I've successfully exported RTFD, but Evernote quits when importing and has issues with some of the RTFD files, besides which I loose the creation date.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

I'm no expert, but the fact that things are crashing when exporting .html doesn't bode well. With only 300 notes, I'd be tempted to do cut and paste. You could try asking Gus why it is crashing with .html, but a few days ago he turned over the app to a new developer, Partial Labs, and may direct you to them. I don't know if they have started work on it, though, but it never hurts to ask.

Many thanks,

The script was written in April so it surprised me that it didn't work. Plausible Labs did push out one update. It's not just Voodoopad that has problems. I perfectly exported all pages to RTFD, but EN won't import them all. It stops dunring the import process with no error message and the note is unclipped with no content.

I'm pretty sure the script problem lies with the repeat function, but have no clue how to fix it.

• Level 5*

Many thanks,

The script was written in April so it surprised me that it didn't work. Plausible Labs did push out one update. It's not just Voodoopad that has problems. I perfectly exported all pages to RTFD, but EN won't import them all. It stops dunring the import process with no error message and the note is unclipped with no content.

I'm pretty sure the script problem lies with the repeat function, but have no clue how to fix it.

My thinking was that .html is more easily imported into Evernote. I usually export from VP into text and put that into Evernote. For three hundred notes, I'd just find the ones that are failing, copy / paste, and move on from there. Automation isn't wortht he effort for me.

Either I have trouble exporting from Voodoopad or importing to Evernote. Voodoopad's exported RTFD are not all importing into Evernote. It just stops with the problematic rtfd.

The reason I want the script to work is that I have no desire to change 300 creation dates either.

• Level 5*

Either I have trouble exporting from Voodoopad or importing to Evernote. Voodoopad's exported RTFD are not all importing into Evernote. It just stops with the problematic rtfd.

The reason I want the script to work is that I have no desire to change 300 creation dates either.

Indeed. That's why I developed my naming system!

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=62

Indeed. That's why I developed my naming system!

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=62

I do too, but to leverage the benfits of Evernotes search by creation date feature it is not sufficient to just have the date in the name. You could filter using that as well, but I prefer the creation dates to be correct where possible.

Now if only someone new some applescript!

Archived