(Archived) Default font - how?

Let's say I copy and paste something into a note, and want to add some comments afterwards. If I just start writing, the text will appear in the font of the clip. But I usually don't want my notes in the strange font that the clip may be using (big, colourful, monospace, whatever), or any specific font. I just want the default font, whatever that on each platform may be. I have found no way in Evernote to select the default font, un-apply all formatting options; only ways to select fancy fonts and styles. Then you have to know what the default font would be to get back to it, and that is a lot of work. 

So, would it be possible to add a way to select the default font? Even better, a list of styles (default, header, code, etc.) to choose from, dismissing the nuts-and-bolts font choice altogether?

• Level 5*

Which Evernote client are you using? (Windows, Mac, etc.)?

In the Windows client, if you use Ctrl+Shift+V in an Evernote note, that will copy your selection into Evernote as unformatted text, i.e., using the default font.

Which Evernote client are you using? (Windows, Mac, etc.)?

In the Windows client, if you use Ctrl+Shift+V in an Evernote note, that will copy your selection into Evernote as unformatted text, i.e., using the default font.

All four: Windows (home), OS X (work), Android (phone), and iOS (iPad mini -- unhappy with the new iOS7 version of evernote, which seems designed for the small screen of the iPhone, not using the larger screen of the iPad to full advantage in the home screen; the old version was the best of all the clients). Same problem in all of them, as far as I can recall. I often do not want to paste without formatting -- and consider adding notes to a clipped web page. I want the formatting, but I want my own comments in a normal, sane font, instead of a title font or whatever might be the first thing in the clip. For this, it is necessary to be able to easily switch to the standard font. There are options like "Remove formatting" or "Simplify formatting" in the menus, but these change the entire note to use the default font (and remove most other elements as well, especially from clipped web pages), not even just the current selection. So they're also useless in changing your own additions to use the default font. The only way to use the default font that I've found out -- without knowing it and going through all the nuts-and-bolts font settings to change to it -- is to copy and paste a small snippet from another note, and start editing that. Not very usable.

• Level 5*

The only way to use the default font that I've found out -- without knowing it and going through all the nuts-and-bolts font settings to change to it -- is to copy and paste a small snippet from another note, and start editing that. Not very usable.

OK, got it. I do that sometimes myself, but it's not a big requirement for me. Sometimes I'll just make a new note, type in some comments, cut'n'paste into the formatted note. Also awkward, but in my case, not a dealbreaker. I can see where Simplify / Remove formatting on a selection would be handy.

Archived