(Archived) A problem happened after updating EN for mac

LioMoon

Idea

Today I updated my EN for mac. Before sync I thought all the note book had local backups. But after the update I found that my EN was empty and I had to sync again. The problem is that I have a note haven't been synchronized. How can I retrieve the note?
Before the update I hadn't received any warning that my local notes will be erased!

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Today I updated my EN for mac. Before sync I thought all the note book had local backups. But after the update I found that my EN was empty and I had to sync again. The problem is that I have a note haven't been synchronized. How can I retrieve the note?Before the update I hadn't received any warning that my local notes will be erased!

Hi. I've generated a support ticket for you. You should get an email shortly. Hopefully, EN support can help out. Your data should not be erased after an update, so they need to look into it. If you Time Machine backups, you can find the data ther -- see this explanation for the location of the notes.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

Today I updated my EN for mac. Before sync I thought all the note book had local backups. But after the update I found that my EN was empty and I had to sync again. The problem is that I have a note haven't been synchronized. How can I retrieve the note?Before the update I hadn't received any warning that my local notes will be erased!

Hi. I've generated a support ticket for you. You should get an email shortly. Hopefully, EN support can help out. Your data should not be erased after an update, so they need to look into it. If you Time Machine backups, you can find the data ther -- see this explanation for the location of the notes.

Well, I cannot find the paths mentioned in the link http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135, such as "user/library/application support/evernote" or "/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/account//".

I just wanna find out my local files. Do you know where it is? 

Well, thank god! I finally found the path "/Users/<userID>/Library/Application Support/Evernote/data". Note that the folder "/Users/<userID>/Library" is hid by default!

My data folder is 237MB! Fortunately all my files are there. I just wonder is this a big joke the evernote team made on me? Why did they choose to re-download the note files from their server, rather than reload the former local notes from the disk? Definitely reloading local files is easier and, more importantly, can relieve their server's pressure!

Now, I've to face another problem, HOW COULD I RELOAD THOSE LOCAL FILES? I find that they are all composed of "content.enml", "content.html", and some png files. Given that the evernote server is almost useless (I've tried sync for 30 times and received 30 "sync failure"!), I just wanna to reload my honey & bloody local files!

• Level 5*

Well, thank god! I finally found the path "/Users/<userID>/Library/Application Support/Evernote/data". Note that the folder "/Users/<userID>/Library" is hid by default!

My data folder is 237MB! Fortunately all my files are there. I just wonder is this a big joke the evernote team made on me? Why did they choose to re-download the note files from their server, rather than reload the former local notes from the disk? Definitely reloading local files is easier and, more importantly, can relieve their server's pressure!

Now, I've to face another problem, HOW COULD I RELOAD THOSE LOCAL FILES? I find that they are all composed of "content.enml", "content.html", and some png files. Given that the evernote server is almost useless (I've tried sync for 30 times and received 30 "sync failure"!), I just wanna to reload my honey & bloody local files!

Hi. Did you get the support ticket I generated? I recommend talking it over with support, because they are the experts on this kind of thing. Unless you have multiple backups (highly recommended), I wouldn't muck around with anything until after you walk through the steps with support.

Hi. Did you get the support ticket I generated? I recommend talking it over with support, because they are the experts on this kind of thing. Unless you have multiple backups (highly recommended), I wouldn't muck around with anything until after you walk through the steps with support.

Well, how can I use that "ticket"? There are 4 EN-related mails in my e-mailbox.

1)title: Ticket# 2****4 - Problem about sync (request #2****4);

excerpt: This is an Automated Message to confirm that we have received your inquiry....As a valued customer of Evernote, you will receive support within the order your request was received. (But I don't think I'm a "valued customer" because I'm not using Premium)

2)title: New reply to A problem happened after updating EN for mac; 

excerpt: You have just received a reply to a topic that you have subscribed.... and your first reply.

3)title: Your post has been converted into a ticket Evernote User Forum

excerpt: This message is to notify you that your post ... has been converted into a ticket in our support desk....You will receive another email shortly with a tracking number for the ticket. (I am just still waiting for the so-called "tracking number for the ticket")

4)title: New reply to A problem happened after updating EN for mac

excerpt: Hi. Did you get the support ticket I generated? (Your 2nd reply).

Which is the "ticket", and how can I use it? Is "ticket" a link where I can turn to the experts for help, or just a number like #2****4?

• Level 5*

Well, how can I use that "ticket"? There are 4 EN-related mails in my e-mailbox.

excerpt: This is an Automated Message to confirm that we have received your inquiry....As a valued customer of Evernote, you will receive support within the order your request was received. (But I don't think I'm a "valued customer" because I'm not using Premium)

excerpt: You have just received a reply to a topic that you have subscribed.... and your first reply.

excerpt: This message is to notify you that your post ... has been converted into a ticket in our support desk....You will receive another email shortly with a tracking number for the ticket. (I am just still waiting for the so-called "tracking number for the ticket")

Which is the "ticket", and how can I use it? Is "ticket" a link where I can turn to the experts for help, or just a number like #2****4?

Hi. Sorry. You should have just gotten one message from support. One has a ticket number, the others are from this forum, I think notifying you about stuff. You may have to adjust your forum settings. At any rate, the one with the number is the email you needed.

As for being a valued customer, Free or Premium, they respond quickly and courteously with the same amount of help. Premium customers, though, get moved up in the line. That's all.

Hi. Sorry. You should have just gotten one message from support. One has a ticket number, the others are from this forum, I think notifying you about stuff. You may have to adjust your forum settings. At any rate, the one with the number is the email you needed.

As for being a valued customer, Free or Premium, they respond quickly and courteously with the same amount of help. Premium customers, though, get moved up in the line. That's all.

Then, the mail with titile "Ticket# 2****4 - Problem about sync (request #2****4);" is the ticket? I've reply the email with the problem I'm facing. But haven't received any reply yet.

Archived