(Archived) Presentation Mode Not Working As Promoted

• Level 5*

Promoted as working with Mac OS 10.6.6 and above. 

Was recently informed by support that "You must be on an OS higher than 10.6.8".

Will Evernote fix this so compatibility works as stated?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I assume that you are talking about the appstore version of the Evernote app, because it says the app is compatible on 10.6.6 and higher.

I think what this means is that the "app" is compatible from 10.6.6, but features are deprecated for users below 10.8.5. This is fairly standard among apps, in my experience, and it has certainly been the case for Evernote in the past. There apparently are certain things in certain operating systems that will not work as apps get redesigned over time. For example, in the past, if you were running snow leopard you saw one version of the Evernote app with search explanations and if you were running lion you saw another version without the explanations. Evernote (and other app developers) try to make it as backwards compatible as possible while taking advantage of new capabilities in current operating systems.

My guess is that presentation mode is one new feature that they were unable to make backwards compatible. My recommendation, if you want to take full advantage of Evernote and other apps, is to upgrade to the latest OS.

• Level 5*

Thank you for the clarification. I was hoping to avoid upgrading the OS. I'm too cheap to pay for upgrading my software.

I sympathize. It might also be a bad idea to upgrade the software if the hardware is older, because the RAM and other requirements might make the experience less enjoyable than your current setup. It is a conundrum, and it is rarely an easy decision.

Archived