(Archived) Ipad version doesn't find PDF in search

StefanMarx

Hi all,

I have a weird Problems with PDFs using the IOS VErsion of Evernote (as a premium Customer)

My Workflow include scanning of all paper Documents with SnapScan and convert into PDFs with readable text. I confirmed with nativ Mac Software that the PDF actually includes OCR text information.

I then upload those docs into evernote. I can search full text within those PDF with the Mac Client and it instantely finds all PDFs .

The Web Interface find Some of them (1 out of 3) and the IOS Client find nothing 

I used the same keyword all the time and waited up to an hour after uploading .......

Is this expected behaviour ? (Do I need to wait longer for evernote web services to run the indexing ??? )

Again, the PDF itself include the scanned image AND the text OCR'd by my Scanning Software. So an Server OCR should not be required for indexing.

It's very annoying that I need to use my Mac for searching ...

• Level 5*

Hi all,

I have a weird Problems with PDFs using the IOS VErsion of Evernote (as a premium Customer)

My Workflow include scanning of all paper Documents with SnapScan and convert into PDFs with readable text. I confirmed with nativ Mac Software that the PDF actually includes OCR text information.

I then upload those docs into evernote. I can search full text within those PDF with the Mac Client and it instantely finds all PDFs .

The Web Interface find Some of them (1 out of 3) and the IOS Client find nothing

I used the same keyword all the time and waited up to an hour after uploading .......

Is this expected behaviour ? (Do I need to wait longer for evernote web services to run the indexing ??? )

Again, the PDF itself include the scanned image AND the text OCR'd by my Scanning Software. So an Server OCR should not be required for indexing.

It's very annoying that I need to use my Mac for searching ...

Hi. It seems to be working fine for me when I search while connected to the internet. I recommend you contact support. Please note that you cannot search PDFs offline. This is a limitation of the iOS app (see the link below for other limits) and I think it is expected behavior, though I don't remember seeing it stated anywhere.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

For this reason, among others, I textify my PDFs.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=551

Archived