(Archived) How to turn off automatic updates?

Paly

I have not upgraded to iOS7.  I'm still using version 6.1.4.

Since iOS7 has come to market Evernote is continually trying to update on my device.  When I attempt to update however I get the following message:

"Download an older version of this app?"  "The current version requires iOS 7.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version".

That's all well and good.  With version 6.1.4 I do in fact have the "latest compatible version" installed.  But unfortunately Evernote keeps telling me to update every half hour to a version that I cannot update to because I'm not running iOS7.  It's really become quite annoying.

I've looked around the app and cannot find a way to turn off automatic update for the Evernote app.  Is there a way to do so?

Thanks.

• Level 5

I have not upgraded to iOS7.  I'm still using version 6.1.4.

Since iOS7 has come to market Evernote is continually trying to update on my device.  When I attempt to update however I get the following message:

"Download an older version of this app?"  "The current version requires iOS 7.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version".

That's all well and good.  With version 6.1.4 I do in fact have the "latest compatible version" installed.  But unfortunately Evernote keeps telling me to update every half hour to a version that I cannot update to because I'm not running iOS7.  It's really become quite annoying.

I've looked around the app and cannot find a way to turn off automatic update for the Evernote app.  Is there a way to do so?

Thanks.

Open the Settings app. Go to 'General' - 'Background App Refresh' and switch it off for Evernote.

Archived