(Archived) Unable to install Web Clipper into Firefox v 18.0.2

shermin

I've set Firefox to automatically update, but it stopped working at version 18. The "checking for updates" just churns and churns. I'm going to do a clean reinstall. What else should I backup besides my bookmarks? I don't want to lose my tabs and the bookmarks on the bookmark toolbar, but I'm not finding any info on these in the knowledge base.

Maybe this is off topic for Evernote Web Clipper, but if you want to do a full backup of your settings within Firefox, I highly recommend - MozBackup.

In Summary:

"MozBackup is a standalone utility (for Windows only) rather than a Thunderbird extension. It works by backing up a Thunderbird profile into a single file (named "*.pcv"), which can then be restored on the same Windows computer or a different one. (MozBackup can also be used to back up and restore Firefox, Mozilla Suite, and Netscape 7 profiles.) It can be downloaded from the MozBackup homepage, where additional MozBackup documentation is also available. The download web page lists what extensions it knows how to back up/restore.

While Mozbackup is extremely popular in the forums, it's recommended that - if you plan on using it for regular backups - you first test it to verify that it will properly restore your Thunderbird profile."

Please see the Mozilla Knowledge Base article for more information.

I hope this helps.

Archived