(Archived) Find Old Note

shresthab

Idea

I am using Evernote and I mistakenly replace some texts in one of my note and as I badly need the old replaced texts in Evernote.. How can I find it??

Besides, As I am using Mac and I have my old Time Machine Backup. How can I retrieve that particular note from time machine Backup? Kindly help please

2 replies to this idea

I am using Evernote and I mistakenly replace some texts in one of my note and as I badly need the old replaced texts in Evernote.. How can I find it??

Besides, As I am using Mac and I have my old Time Machine Backup. How can I retrieve that particular note from time machine Backup? Kindly help please

If you have (or upgrade to) a premium account, you may be able to recover the note through the note history.  Note history is only taken once every approximately 8 hours.  So if the note you're trying to retrieve is less than that, note history may not have the note you're looking for.

Another option is if you have note sync'd the change - check the note on the Evernote web client to see what it's like there.

If you need to retrieve from a backup, someone will need to help you revert to a prior database (I'm not Mac.)  You can then export the correct note to enex file, revert back to your live database & import the enex file.

PS - here's a post by Heather (EN staff) on how to restore from a Time Machine backup.  I would suggest you study what she posted as well as what I posted above, make sure you fully understand the process & even do a backup before doing anything else.  It's not a difficult process.  But it's a process you need to fully know what you're doing so you don't mess anything up.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/21651-i-need-to-totally-restore-from-time-machine-how/?p=110320

If you're not technically savvy, you may want to submit a support ticket (see my sig) so an EN support person can walk you through the process.

Archived