(Archived) 2 feature requests

two quick suggestions for future addition:

- option to pin notes to the top of their notebook, regardless of the sorting order.

e.g. if you have an important note, like the project outline or a table of contents with links to other notes in it, it could be very helpful to have these kinds of notes always on the top position.

- Sort notebooks differently

e.g. if you generally want your notebooks to be sorted by "last updated" desc, but one of your notebooks, perhaps with journal entries, would be better sorted according to the "created" date.

• Level 5*

two quick suggestions for future addition:

- option to pin notes to the top of their notebook, regardless of the sorting order.

e.g. if you have an important note, like the project outline or a table of contents with links to other notes in it, it could be very helpful to have these kinds of notes always on the top position.

Reminders have this capability. Available in most Evernote clients except for the Windows version 4 (it's in the upcoming V5 version, in GA Release, so coming shortly). Set a reminder, and the reminder will appear at the top of the note list (again, for Windows V5, for snippet and card view only, not list view), so long as the note is part of the current note filter.

Thanks for the reply!

First off, I do use list-view a lot. That's why I was asking.

I know about the Reminder feature, but using them to pin a note to the top seems like a workaround to me.

Especially if you're really using Reminders in that notebook, maybe as a todo lost.

• Level 5*

The list view thing is a curious omission.

Whether this is a workaround or not, it's what's available, and it's certainly useful, at least in my case. I wouldn't pin a note to the top of the list if I didn't want to be reminded of it; there are other ways of identifying important note, tags, for one.

Archived