(Archived) Mac App Crash on Start Up

chains

Idea

I'm starting a new thread on this because Jackolicious locked out the last thread on this topic (http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36207-mac-app-crash-on-start-up/page-3#entry215819) which resembles the type of service I've received from Evernote Support thus far.

I first submitted a ticket request almost 2 months ago per the suggestion in the thread. Since then I've only received several emails from Evernote Support suggesting "uninstall Evernote and re-install with the latest in-house beta version via this link". Obviously none of these have worked and the problem persists and I don't even have a thread to follow anymore because it is locked. Evernote seems to have swept this issue under the rug and hoping folks will forget about it. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed about this. I read the note about not bad mouthing support but this is beyond terrible. I have a mile long thread of emails going back and forth with Evernote Support basically repeating the same instructions over and over again without a real fix. I'm not sure what more I can do at this point but to boycott Evernote altogether and share my experience with the rest of my company and anyone else who uses Evernote.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems. I can assure you that the engineering team is doing everything they can to address crash-on-launch issues. 

The reason I locked the other thread is that it's hard to discern the cause of individual crashes when everyone logs their own info. Do me a favor and private message me your crash logs and I'll make sure they're in front of the team. 

Archived