Feature Requests: Fix Drag out of save and restore local note saving

jhk

Idea

I'm only now coming back to trying to use Skitch 2.x, and I'm still not sure I want to keep using it.  You've added some nice features, but at the expense of some of the core functions. So, I know you've heard this a lot, but *please* restore local note saving.  Evernote integration is fine and I use it.  

But, sometimes I just want to take screenshots, annotate, and then email a set of them without ever uploading them to EN.

Also - I noticed something in the saved notes section.  After taking my snaps, I attempted to drag them out of the note list into Mail.  What I got was not an image - so something is wrong with that.  It dragged something with a .jpg extension, but neither Mail or OS X recognized it as an image.  Using the Copy command on the image in Skitch and then pasting into Mail worked.

Oh, and I guess I have a third comment.  Could there please be, (as an option?), a way to have the individual tools on the sidebar instead of grouping them.  It makes it slightly more cumbersome to switch between lines/boxes/etc... when you have to click into a menu first.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 reply to this idea

@jnk - Always appreciate the feedback.

But, sometimes I just want to take screenshots, annotate, and then email a set of them without ever uploading them to EN.

Preferences.png

After taking my snaps, I attempted to drag them out of the note list into Mail.  What I got was not an image - so something is wrong with that.  It dragged something with a .jpg extension, but neither Mail or OS X recognized it as an image.

Looks like you found a bug. It appears the data isn't getting transfered over when the new file is being created in OS X. We'll get that logged to fix.

a way to have the individual tools on the sidebar instead of grouping them.

We're working on a toolbar design right now that would address this issue. It won't go so far as to put every tool at the top level, but it will make selecting all tools a lot easier. For example putting all of the shapes and stamps at the top level would result in a very large and cluttered toolbar making it harder to use.

Archived