(Archived) Receipt nightmare..Newbie help please..

I have 30 business receipts..

• 10 gas
  • 10 toll
  • 10 food

All of them are mixed up in a box..

I feed the mixed receipts into the scanner consecutively and the receipts end up in one notebook without any method to sort internally ( I can't drag and drop each receipt to a sub-folder)..The only way I have figured this out is to sort the receipts by hand by category, then scan them to the respected sub folder one at a time..(time consuming!)

I then need to arrange each category on a printable page, gas on one page, food, etc;..I can have many receipts on one page..I then have to print them out, total them by hand, ( wish I could do this through the software too) and hand them to my boss..

Is this the only way?..How do I take 100's of receipts (yes, yup..) and feed them quickly without having to sort by hand beforehand?..(thats the main reason I'm doing this!)

Tags don't help at this point in the process it seems (recognition software?)..I'm using a Scansnap 1100 on a Mac..(where the SS manager program doesn't work) Maybe I need a Win computer to run that software if it can accomplish my issue?..

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks.

Mike..

I have 30 business receipts..

• 10 gas
  • 10 toll
  • 10 food
All of them are mixed up in a box..

I feed the mixed receipts into the scanner consecutively and the receipts end up in one notebook without any method to sort internally ( I can't drag and drop each receipt to a sub-folder)..The only way I have figured this out is to sort the receipts by hand by category, then scan them to the respected sub folder one at a time..(time consuming!)

I then need to arrange each category on a printable page, gas on one page, food, etc;..I can have many receipts on one page..I then have to print them out, total them by hand, ( wish I could do this through the software too) and hand them to my boss..

Is this the only way?..How do I take 100's of receipts (yes, yup..) and feed them quickly without having to sort by hand beforehand?..(thats the main reason I'm doing this!)

Tags don't help at this point in the process it seems (recognition software?)..I'm using a Scansnap 1100 on a Mac..(where the SS manager program doesn't work) Maybe I need a Win computer to run that software if it can accomplish my issue?..

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks.

Mike..

I'm PC but you should be able to drag & drop notes to a notebook. There are no subnotebooks/sub folders in Evernote. Stacks group notebooks. You cannot add notes to stacks.

If you're going to be doing a lot with receipts, I would suggest you take a look at Neat/Neatworks/NeatReceipts...whatever it's called now. I've used it for ~five years & it's a very good receipts app.

Archived