URL note link does't work on iPhone

• Level 5

It does appear to be a bug.

The links work for me within the evernote client itself,  but links from calendar or mail, merely launch Evernote, without going to the note.

Have you created a ticket yet?

As a work around, you can obviously use the Copy note URL to clipboard from the Share menu, and have the note open in a web view.

• Level 5

I was able to reproduce this, and submitted a ticket.

The resolution was to confirm any pending changes had synced, uninstall evernote, reboot, re-install evernote from the appstore.

After the client downloaded all the headers, the links again functioned normally and opened the corresponding notes.

It does appear to be a bug.

The links work for me within the evernote client itself,  but links from calendar or mail, merely launch Evernote, without going to the note.

Have you created a ticket yet?

As a work around, you can obviously use the Copy note URL to clipboard from the Share menu, and have the note open in a web view.

I was able to reproduce this, and submitted a ticket.

The resolution was to confirm any pending changes had synced, uninstall evernote, reboot, re-install evernote from the appstore.

After the client downloaded all the headers, the links again functioned normally and opened the corresponding notes.

Hmm, premature.

It fixed my ipad, but not my iphone.

I've updated the ticket.

Thanks for looking into it.  I, as you suggested, opted for the copy url clipboard but doesn't find it really useful considering that I wanted to be able to update my notes on the go via my iPhone.

What is a ticket?

I wish I could use only my Apple apps.  But since the reminders from the Ical is gone, I trying to see how I can make evernote my main tool for to do's, reminders and notes...

Thanks again.

Same problem here.  External links to evernote app on iphone just shows whatever screen I was on last.  It does not open intended note.  Worked a couple days ago....I believe before the last update.

Same here!  It did work, but just once...

• Level 5

Indeed that seems to be the required workaround.

Support is pursuing a track of there being cached local data that's problematic.

They were having me delete the app and reinstall via iTunes rather than OTA.

No resolution.

In fact I see the issue with logging in the first time to an account that has never synced to my iPhone client.

Also a quirk observation was deleting the client from my iPad and reinstalling OTA via the AppStore. Once the install finished the installing button turned to an upgrade button rather than an "open" button. I delayed on that and noted the bug here was gone.

As soon as I upgraded again, the bug was back.

• Level 5

Closing the loop, Support has concluded it is indeed a bug rather than a data issue.

Options are to downgrade or wait for a fix to be released and upgrade.

• 1 year later...

Archived