(Archived) Notes and Notebooks

IslandGirl

Idea

I seem to recall that when I first began using Evernote (the version before this last major gui update) that when I added a note to a particular notebook, the note was moved out of the bulk "inbox" or note listing.   Is there an easy way to see if my note has been assigned to a notebook?  I see where I can view this on each note, but this requires that I view every single note, one by one.  Viewing the big long list of notes (which for me are usually webclippings) is not usually very helpful for me, and I'm finding it difficult to keep things organized.  Each time I log in, I'm left wondering if I've added my latest notes to a notebook or not ...  Can I see a list of "unassigned" notes?  Thanks for your help.

3 replies to this idea

I seem to recall that when I first began using Evernote (the version before this last major gui update) that when I added a note to a particular notebook, the note was moved out of the bulk "inbox" or note listing.   Is there an easy way to see if my note has been assigned to a notebook?  I see where I can view this on each note, but this requires that I view every single note, one by one.  Viewing the big long list of notes (which for me are usually webclippings) is not usually very helpful for me, and I'm finding it difficult to keep things organized.  Each time I log in, I'm left wondering if I've added my latest notes to a notebook or not ...  Can I see a list of "unassigned" notes?  Thanks for your help.

Notes always exist in a notebook.

Thanks BurgersNFries.  That's the problem.  Unless I assign a webclipping to a specific notebook when I clip, they all go to the "default" notebook, and all remain there.  I view things by categories and sub notebooks, such as "Blog Post Ideas", "Yoga Topics", "Favorite Quotes", Crafts, etc.  How do I know if I've assigned a note out of the default to another subnotebook?  The big long list of notes out in my default noteboook is completely meaningless.

Thanks BurgersNFries.  That's the problem.  Unless I assign a webclipping to a specific notebook when I clip, they all go to the "default" notebook, and all remain there.  I view things by categories and sub notebooks, such as "Blog Post Ideas", "Yoga Topics", "Favorite Quotes", Crafts, etc.  How do I know if I've assigned a note out of the default to another subnotebook?  The big long list of notes out in my default noteboook is completely meaningless.

I don't understand what you are saying is "the problem".  You can easily assign notes to different notebooks.  You may want to set your default notebook to something like "inbox".  You can quickly tell what notes have not been specifically assigned to a notebook by looking at the "inbox" notebook.  Then go to "inbox" & reassign the notes to the correct notebook. 

As far as knowing if you've "assigned a note out of the default to another subnotebook" (there are no subnotebooks in Evernote), it's easy.  Everything that's in another notebook is not in the inbox, since each note can only reside in one notebook.

Archived