(Archived) ✔ notes won't prioritize (PC running XP 3)

If I add a ".where" tag, no matter how I do it, the tag places itself in front of the "when" tag, and the notes don't go into priority order.

Tags applied to the note are in alpha order. You cannot manually arrange the order of the tags that are applied to a note.

Actually...

From the file drop-down, choose "new tag"--then re-name all of the "when tags" by putting an open parens ( ( ) infront of each numeral, and then the "when" context will always come first.

So--you might want to be sure you know what you're talking about before giving definitive answers.

RW

Actually...

From the file drop-down, choose "new tag"--then re-name all of the "when tags" by putting an open parens ( ( ) infront of each numeral, and then the "when" context will always come first.

So--you might want to be sure you know what you're talking about before giving definitive answers.

RW

Ummm...dude, like I said:

Tags applied to the note are in alpha order. You cannot manually arrange the order of the tags that are applied to a note.

Check it out for yourself - here's the ascii table:

http://www.asciitable.com/

As you can see, parens and the period are low values & will always display before tags begining with numbers or letters, when ordered alphanumerically.

And you still cannot manually arrange the order tags are displayed in a note b/c...

...they are displayed in the note in alphanumeric order.  The workaround is what you're already doing...adding a character that is lower in value in the ascii table. And which is what you were complaining about in post #1.

Archived