(Archived) Evernote does not work well with sogou input method

rick_du

Idea

As my mother language is not English, I usually input text with a software named 'sogou input method'. 

But I found it's hard to work with evernote because it will always crash when typing in search box or title field.

Evernote version: 5.0.7 international

OS version: Mac OS X 10.8

Any idea to resolve this?

Regards!

Rick

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

As my mother language is not English, I usually input text with a software named 'sogou input method'. 

But I found it's hard to work with evernote because it will always crash when typing in search box or title field.

Regards!

Rick

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am not familiar with the Sogou application, but apparently it is used for inputting Chinese (actually, it looks pretty cool with its search integration). I use Chinese and Japanese all of the time on the Mac in Evernote, and I haven't run into the problem you describe, so I suspect that there is something going on with Sogou. It may be that Evernote has no control over how that app will behave in their software. Is there a reason why you don't use the Chinese-language keyboard that is installed with the Mac?

I'll flag this for the Chinese language staff at Evernote, and perhaps they can offer some better advice. 

Regards!

Rick

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am not familiar with the Sogou application, but apparently it is used for inputting Chinese (actually, it looks pretty cool with its search integration). I use Chinese and Japanese all of the time on the Mac in Evernote, and I haven't run into the problem you describe, so I suspect that there is something going on with Sogou. It may be that Evernote has no control over how that app will behave in their software. Is there a reason why you don't use the Chinese-language keyboard that is installed with the Mac?

I'll flag this for the Chinese language staff at Evernote, and perhaps they can offer some better advice. 

Thanks for you reply.  I'll post in Sogou's forum to ask for their help. 

The Chinese-language keyboard in Mac and iOS are not convenient to use.  There're some better choices in Mac, and it's the only reason for many people who jailbroke their iOS.

Archived