product it seems great in terms of useability. However, i am really
surprised that i can't highlight text within a note file with colour
(over improtant phrases ect) this is the core of my notetaking style and
i feel kinda stuck without this function (also fwiw its really great
for helping to learn thing better since your brain accesses different
area's of thought and it makes things easier to store) - i don't think i
can live without this function hopefully i have just missed it and it's
already on EN but if not please would you let me know if it's planned
on being introduced (and when) - thx in advance :)

Btw i am using windows 7 and iphone versions in conjunction

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's good that you're looking at Evernote, but sadly one of its weak areas (at the moment) is the note editor in all clients.  If you can manage without it in the short term,  I'm sure it will come along in due course.  But in the meantime Evernote do not share planned release contents or dates in advance...

Hi.  It's good that you're looking at Evernote, but sadly one of its weak areas (at the moment) is the note editor in all clients.  If you can manage without it in the short term,  I'm sure it will come along in due course.  But in the meantime Evernote do not share planned release contents or dates in advance...

Seems really strange you'd say that its weak area is it's note editor, since a note editor program is its main function! Anyway i understand its freeware so i can't complain, would happily pay for it if it was decent editor aswell as all the other cool stuff though. Frustrating that there's no kind of schedule for adding some extra's to it, just out of interest how often has it been undated / upgraded in the last year (how many times and how often?) Thx

Seems really strange you'd say that its weak area is it's note editor, since a note editor program is its main function! Anyway i understand its freeware so i can't complain, would happily pay for it if it was decent editor aswell as all the other cool stuff though. Frustrating that there's no kind of schedule for adding some extra's to it, just out of interest how often has it been undated / upgraded in the last year (how many times and how often?) Thx

It sounds as if you don't quite get Evernote yet. It's main function isn't as a note editor program. It's core function is to store information and make it easy to search. Evernote allows you to store web clippings, documents, emails, handwritten notes, even and then organize them in a variety of ways and do some very useful searches. The note editing functions are kind of an extra. Some people do use Evernote to do text editing but it's really not, as gazumped said, it's strong suit. 

Archived