(Archived) Saving a shared note to an account while mobile

I have not tried it on an iOS device, but saving a note from a shared note in my web browser on my Android is a hassle. Most of the time, it doesn't even work at all. I can click anywhere on the screen when the notebook selection pops up, but once I click it's a toss up whether or not it closes the notebook selection, but it almost never saves the note to my account. 

Is there some way to please change the mobile version of shared notes so that it is easier to save notes to my account? 

Thank you.

I do use the Evernote Android app. I would like an easier way to save others' shared notes besides copying and pasting fragments and going back and forth between the app and the web browser.

If there's a way to directly view or save shared notes through the Android app, that'd be perfect too.

• 4 weeks later...

I discovered the same issue today.  I had other people trying to save a shared note that I had created.  I never had that problem, the only difference was that I use the Chrome browser for Android, everyone else was using the stock Android Internet browser.  Any idea why it doesn't work with the stock browser?I thought all was well when I had other people use this Evernote solution and then everyone was having difficulties where I had no problem at all.

• Level 5*

I discovered the same issue today.  I had other people trying to save a shared note that I had created.  I never had that problem, the only difference was that I use the Chrome browser for Android, everyone else was using the stock Android Internet browser.  Any idea why it doesn't work with the stock browser?I thought all was well when I had other people use this Evernote solution and then everyone was having difficulties where I had no problem at all.

Don't see why the browser would necessarily be the problem - if your note can't be saved by others it seems most likely its something to do with the original note...

That's the only explanation I can come up with.  Once we went to a desktop computer and clicked on the Evernote share link we were able to sign in and it would then show up in the person's Evernote app after a sync.  When using the stock android browser on the same page they were not able to enter their user name and password.  Using the Chrome android browser on my tablet and phone I am able to enter my user name and password.

http://www.nac1.com/#/worship-sermon-archives click on "05/19/13 Sermon Notes PDF or Evernote"

Archived