(Archived) Upload and storage differences

Zxcy

Idea

According to my Iphone (Setting/General/Usage = Storage/Evernote) Evernote takes about 726 MB to store on my Iphone. Today I already uploaded 1,1 GB of data to sync my notes

How is it possible I have to upload more data than stored on my Iphone? I started Evernote premium 11 days ago and already reached 1.6 GB on my Current Monthly Upload (and still counting). 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

One way is via editing. If you edit a note, and it syncs to the Evernote servers, it eats into your upload limit, even if it doesn't take up any more data storage.

Thank you Jefito, I usually use my notes as reminder or reference and don't edit them. I use a lot of pictures in my notes as reference and have set the pictures on a small size now. 

When I look at my Windows Evernote application I see 4 of the same notes (with pictures). Most likely the notes get uploaded multiple times, but I cannot find the reason why. 

I don't understand the sync logic and upload logic of Evernote.

- Does it upload the whole note when some text is edited.

- When the note is not synced yet and edited again is it going to be uploaded twice?

• Level 5*

Thank you Jefito, I usually use my notes as reminder or reference and don't edit them. I use a lot of pictures in my notes as reference and have set the pictures on a small size now. 

When I look at my Windows Evernote application I see 4 of the same notes (with pictures). Most likely the notes get uploaded multiple times, but I cannot find the reason why.

Can't speak to that scenario.

I don't understand the sync logic and upload logic of Evernote.

- Does it upload the whole note when some text is edited.

Yes.

- When the note is not synced yet and edited again is it going to be uploaded twice?

No, it should only upload once if it hasn't been synced yet.

Thank you for your reply Jefito.

I have been looking in my trash and I see I've got a lot (over 140 notes) of the same notes which have (7 high res) photos. I can't recall creating this much notes and removing them.

It seems like there is a bug which loops through the deleted notes and tries to sync it. 

Also when I empty my trash in Evernote Web and on my Iphone, notes still come back in the Trash. 

Edit: after another delete on both Evernotes the notes dont pop up again in the Trash.

post-131387-0-71223900-1366182541_thumb.

Archived