(Archived) Frustrated HELP! Can't synch or cancel

I love Evernote but today I'm trying to drop my account so I can create a new one that doesn't have the conflicts encountered in my one one-- but apparently can't even do that without not being able to use my e-mail address! This is very frustrating not to have any access to human help on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated, but I'm at a point of giving up I think.

First problem: When I joined a couple years ago I apparently mistakenly created two sites, one with my college address and another with a gmail account. After the recent hacking and I was prompted to a new password, the two apparently got mixed and I could not synch anything, and I kept getting prompted for password changes.

I think I'd just like to dump both accounts and start over. When I tried to do that I was informed that I could not use my same e-mail account. So-- if I have any question that could keep me using Evernote it is: How can I dump my current accounts and start over and still use my current e-mail account?

Thanks so much for any help

Dave

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the Forums.  Most of us are human here,  honest..

1. Easy fix - log in to the account with your preferred email address.  Change that to something else.  Log out.  Set up new account with preferred address.
  2. Why bother? You can log into both your current accounts? Export the content of one to an EXB file,  import same to other account.
  3. Talk to support (see link below) about zapping the old account once you're happy it's no longer required.

Thanks Gaz!

I seem to be stuck in some kind of do-loop (old language) since whenever I try to log in I keep getting another request for a new password. I must have done this 20 times now. Whenever I try and synch I keep getting that. I also actually don't know which account name to use. At this point I want to close both accounts and start a new one. What I think is a problem is that in an earlier effort to close the accounts I got the message that I could not use the e-mail address that I used previously for the former account. If I can't use my formal address that I want to use, how can I set up the account again-- or did I misinterpret this? I have saved off all my content as you suggested (good idea) and can copy and paste it in a new account if I can figure out how to safely set it up.

Thanks much for your suggestions. Any ideas on the e-mail question I pose here?

Dave

• Level 5*

To expand on what I said before - log in to your accounts via the web client and Evernote.com to find out which email address is connected to which account.  Log in with your user names if you have them,  and go to each My Account page to check which email address is associated with each account.  You can't set up a new account with an address that is already registered,  so if you want to set up a new one,  change the preferred address for a temporary one in one of the accounts,  then register your new one.

If you have any problem logging in,  try using your email address(es) instead of the user names to log in.  You should be able to sort out which username/ email address/ password applies to each account. Keep a very temporary written note of both while you're sorting this out - then shred it!

Archived