(Request) For Android App: Sort notes in notebook by tags

davidtilley

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. This is a great idea, and it is one I have been pushing for on all of the Evernote clients. However, as far as I know, only the Windows client offers a sort by tag. I am sure you know about the advanced search for tags (https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=535), which would allow you to filter by tag, but this is a little different, and might require you to create some saved searches to make it effective in TSW system.

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there has been any progress on this one ...

I also use the TSW scheme and very much like it and the way that evernote works in Windows ... but other that looking up a quick note it is pretty useless on my androids if I don't have the same functionality as on PC. I do appreciate that there are display differences that might make the TSW approach a little awkward ... but not much, and I could live with that.

The beauty of TSW (kudos to those guys for figuring out the organization) and evernote together is that one can use the same highly efficient search system for life-and-task management simultaneously with using it for managing all ones working data ... this little combination of TSW and evernote is, for me, the first device thing -- beyond "search" -- that really seems like it is enabling cognition. Would love to have it in my hand.

Thanks,

=Ted

Archived