(Archived) How to take multiple screenshot and move them to local at once

Sunnygirl

Just upgrade to 2.0.4 from Skitch 1.x.

I used to be able to see all the images in the history. Was the history replaced with the Evernote?

I used to ba able to take a screenshot and hit command + s then move on to next screenshot. When I am done, I can view all the screenshot in the history and drag them all together to any location I want. Now I have to drag every picture after I took the screenshot; not mention that it keep giving me the warning "Discard current Sktich note" which I already drag to my local. All these are quite annoying. It slows down my work flow.

I need to take multiple screenshot and move them to local at once. Any suggestion to streamline the process?

Thank you!

I used to be able to see all the images in the history. Was the history replaced with the Evernote?

Yes. Your free Evernote accounts just like the previous history function. Once you're logged in all Snaps can be saved and accessed from the Library view in Evernote. Just look fro the 4 little squares in the upper right.

I used to ba able to take a screenshot and hit command + s then move on to next screenshot. When I am done, I can view all the screenshot in the history and drag them all together to any location I want. Now I have to drag every picture after I took the screenshot; not mention that it keep giving me the warning "Discard current Sktich note" which I already drag to my local. All these are quite annoying. It slows down my work flow.

I need to take multiple screenshot and move them to local at once. Any suggestion to streamline the process?

The easiest thing to do is to just to go to Preferences for Skitch-> Sync -> and select Always from the "Save Skitch Notes to Evernote:". This will automatically save your snaps everytime to your free Evernote account.

Otherwise if you are using Skitch 2.0.4 then hitting CMD-S should work for you too.

Is there anyway not to use the Evernote? and turn back to the old way? using the local history feature? I don't want to save/sync to Evernote. All the operations / data are in my local, why I have to sync to Evernote? It doesn't make sense.

User should have options to choose use local history or sync to Evernote. Don't force users to use Evernote!!!

@Sunnygirl - You can opt to not user Evernote by simply setting Sync to Never and then the snaps will not be saved to the account. Or you can drag and drop them (or export) into any folder you would like.

As we looked at the options on how to move forward with Skitch we decided that one of the best things Evernote brought to the table was the ability to save and sync. By adding in this ability any user with with a free Evernote account can save their Notes to the service and have them safely stored, easy to share, and most importantly able to sync across any device.

Archived