(Archived) Is there a way to delete a note on client *ONLY*?

menevets

Idea

I have too many notes with audio attachments that are taking up gigs of space on my Mac and I'd like to delete just these notes just from the Mac Evernote client while retaining them on Evernote's servers.

This way I free up disk space and if I want a client deleted note again, I can do a re-sync just for that note assuming a portion of the note is in the listing.

Is this possible with the Mac client? I could just use the web client to do this, but if there is a way to do so with the Mac client, I like the offline availability, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have too many notes with audio attachments that are taking up gigs of space on my Mac and I'd like to delete just these notes just from the Mac Evernote client while retaining them on Evernote's servers.

This way I free up disk space and if I want a client deleted note again, I can do a re-sync just for that note assuming a portion of the note is in the listing.

Is this possible with the Mac client? I could just use the web client to do this, but if there is a way to do so with the Mac client, I like the offline availability, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I am afraid we don't have selective sync at this time, and what you want to do is not possible. Here is my solution (PDFs not sound files, but the same problem): http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/29245-how-to-optimize-your-evernote-experience/#entry173506

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I am afraid we don't have selective sync at this time, and what you want to do is not possible. Here is my solution (PDFs not sound files, but the same problem): http://discussion.ev...ce/#entry173506

Thanks. Is there any way to embed the linked Dropbox audio file in the note so that I can play it inside the note? I just pasted an audio file link from Dropbox within a note and to play it, I have to leave the client.

Also, is there a way to streamline the process of moving note audio files from EV to DB? Detaching and then moving hundreds of files to DB manually is going to take awhile.

• Level 5*

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I am afraid we don't have selective sync at this time, and what you want to do is not possible. Here is my solution (PDFs not sound files, but the same problem): http://discussion.ev...ce/#entry173506

Thanks. Is there any way to embed the linked Dropbox audio file in the note so that I can play it inside the note? I just pasted an audio file link from Dropbox within a note and to play it, I have to leave the client.

I don't know of any way to do that. Sorry, but this seems impossible at the moment.

Also, is there a way to streamline the process of moving note audio files from EV to DB? Detaching and then moving hundreds of files to DB manually is going to take awhile.

Not really. Sorry. I selected all my notes, used the "save attachments" feature in order to save everything into a folder, and then waded through it all to find files I did not already have sorted. It took some time, but fortunately, I had already been following a policy of naming PDFs (in my case) before uploading them, and I already had copies of most (not all) saved in my digital library.

Archived