(Archived) What is Actually Stored in Evernote

New to Evernote.....using Nexus 7, using Google Currents to read Saveur, found two recipes. The recipes are in Evernotes - url, picture, cooking instruction - but it looks like all the note content is actually links back to Saveur. The concern is if Saveur deletes the page(s) that I lose the content of the notes.

But, if the recipe picture and instruction are actually stored in the Evernote cloud the content of the note will not be lost if Saveur were to delete the pages.

More reading about Evernote leads to the use of Web Clip. Does Web Clip actually put the content into the Evernote cloud?

A thank you to veteran users!!

New to Evernote.....using Nexus 7, using Google Currents to read Saveur, found two recipes. The recipes are in Evernotes - url, picture, cooking instruction - but it looks like all the note content is actually links back to Saveur. The concern is if Saveur deletes the page(s) that I lose the content of the notes.

But, if the recipe picture and instruction are actually stored in the Evernote cloud the content of the note will not be lost if Saveur were to delete the pages.

More reading about Evernote leads to the use of Web Clip. Does Web Clip actually put the content into the Evernote cloud?

A thank you to veteran users!!

Taking screen caps & using the web clippers (as long as you don't only clip the URL but rather the article/page as well) preserve the web page info in your Evernote account, even if the website/page is taken down or changed. That's one of the beautiful features that attracted me to Evernote several years ago.

Archived