(Archived) Windows 8 Evernote

dg1845

I'm attempting to use Evernote on a new PC that has Windows 8 installed. Evernote says Evernote "preview" is this a different version than needed? Also I try to create new notes in the app and it doesn't allow me to do bulleted lists or change font? Any help would be great!

It looks like you're on an older version of Evernote. You can update it from the Windows Store to get the latest version.

We currently don't have Rich Text Editing (including bullet points or changing fonts) on the Windows 8 app at the moment. We're looking to add it in soon.

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Yes! The lack of Rich Text editor integration makes the metro app almost useless. I am a meeting facilitator and I need the deksop application to take meeting notes and minutes in real time. Teh metro app does not let me do that because I cannot format anything. For now, I am exclusively using the web application on Windows 8 and will come back to look at the metro app when its more than a notes browser.

Hi! I am using Evernote on a Windows 8 computer. I've gone to the Evernote website to watch the tutorial video, but I can't seem to get any of the features to work. The video shows hovering at the top of the screen or the bottom of the screen will reveal more options, like notebooks or creating a note, but nothing happens for me (I'm not on a touchscreen device). I can't even create a new note!! This renders Evernote absolutely useless for me. Please help!

Hi! I am using Evernote on a Windows 8 computer. I've gone to the Evernote website to watch the tutorial video, but I can't seem to get any of the features to work. The video shows hovering at the top of the screen or the bottom of the screen will reveal more options, like notebooks or creating a note, but nothing happens for me (I'm not on a touchscreen device). I can't even create a new note!! This renders Evernote absolutely useless for me. Please help!

If you're not on a touchscreen device, right click instead.

Archived