(Archived) Offline PDFs creating duplicates in download folder

SlisheR

Hi there.

As the title states, I am kind of irritated by the fact that my Evernote creates duplicate copies of PDF files that are actually stored Offline, as the current notebooks they remain in are synchronised offline, as on my phone and tablet. This leads to a huge space cap on my devices, forcing me to delete all the PDFs in the Download/Adobe Reader folder every day.

How is it stored offline if it looks like it downloads the PDF Every time I open it?

Regards, Slish.

I've found a similar issue, though it more surrounds duplication than space issues. Perhaps Evernote could check to see if a duplicate PDF name already exists in a folder when opening an attachment, and if so, just open the duplicate name rather than creating another duplicate.

If Evernote for Android wanted to be truly awesome it could automatically check for modified attachments in the Evernote attachments folder since last sync and automatically replace the PDF in the evernote note with the PDF in the evernote attachment folder. This would be invaluable if you are marking up a PDF with comments and highlighting, etc. As a PH.D researcher, I do this frequently, and it would truly help make the process of reviewing papers and notes across my devices seamless. At the moment it requires quite a bit of work to manage it all.

I've found a similar issue, though it more surrounds duplication than space issues. Perhaps Evernote could check to see if a duplicate PDF name already exists in a folder when opening an attachment, and if so, just open the duplicate name rather than creating another duplicate.

If Evernote for Android wanted to be truly awesome it could automatically check for modified attachments in the Evernote attachments folder since last sync and automatically replace the PDF in the evernote note with the PDF in the evernote attachment folder. This would be invaluable if you are marking up a PDF with comments and highlighting, etc. As a PH.D researcher, I do this frequently, and it would truly help make the process of reviewing papers and notes across my devices seamless. At the moment it requires quite a bit of work to manage it all.

You, sir, just read my mind. Thank you for shedding some light on this issue.

Archived