(Archived) Two accounts

danieljlangendorf

Idea

If this question is answered elsewhere -- there are a lot of posts here! -- I apologize. Quickly:

I recently started a new premium Evernote account because my older one is messy and I want to get rid of a lot of it, although there are some things I'd like to carry over. Is there an easy way to batch move notes between the two Evernote accounts? Or merge one account into the other?

Thanks for any help and patience.

Regards.

djl

5 replies to this idea

If this question is answered elsewhere -- there are a lot of posts here! -- I apologize. Quickly:

I recently started a new premium Evernote account because my older one is messy and I want to get rid of a lot of it, although there are some things I'd like to carry over. Is there an easy way to batch move notes between the two Evernote accounts? Or merge one account into the other?

Regards.

djl

The best way to move notes from one account to another is to use a desktop client (Mac and/or Windows), select (highlight) the notes you want to move and EXPORT to ENEX file from the source account. Then, in the target account, IMPORT from ENEX.

Regards.

djl

The best way to move notes from one account to another is to use a desktop client (Mac and/or Windows), select (highlight) the notes you want to move and EXPORT to ENEX file from the source account. Then, in the target account, IMPORT from ENEX.

Thanks for the quick return.

I thought that might be it but was wondering if there was another way.

Regards.

By the way, only semi-related -- You post some great answers here and your efforts are greatly appreciated. I need to spend more time following the links/subjects.

Thank you very much!

Also, it's worth noting that when you import from ENEX files, the notes are put into a newly created notebook & it's defaulted to local (non-sync'd). So if you want them sync'd you need to move them to a sync'd notebook. At least that's the way I remember the Windows client functioning. IDK if the Mac client works similarly.

(Thanks again!)

Archived