How I use Evernote to buy a car

JohnEx

Recently I've been trying to find my next car. I knew finding a suitable car with good pricing would be a tedious job, so I use Evernote to collect all the informations, and use them to help me making a final decision.

1. Researching:

The early stage is to do research online, to learn about cars within my price range, and their features/performance. Since all these info are scattered on the internet, I use Evernote's clipping feature when researching on laptop browser, and use EverClip to clip notes when researching on a mobile device.

2. Talking to dealer:

When talking to dealers, I need to quickly take notes on my iPhone, without disrupting my talk with dealers. I use QEver and FastEver to do the quick note taking. They don't have too much features, but are good for quick note generation.

3. Organizing information:

When I come back to home, I need to organize all the information. This time, Evernote itself is the best client, since it has all the features available. I use one notebook for each type of car, and use one note to record my talk with each dealer.

Basically the whole strategy was a success, and I finally decided to choose an Audi, and will get it soon. Hope these experience could inspire other's usage of Evernote!

Archived