(Archived) How do I roll back to Skitch version 1.X on iOS

Mr. ZU

I won't waste anyone's time ranting about the new version of Skitch and how backward it is. I've been using Skitch and Evernote for quite a while and I desperately need to get back to version 1.X on iOS

Chat support said no can do. does anyone else have any ideas?????

Z

U

iOS 5.1

iPad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did it by restoring from an old backup of the ipa and using an *app installer* but that requires you to be jailbroken. Hopefully Evernote will give less fortunate users a chance to roll back to the good version.

Moosy,

Thanks for the help. My iPad isn't jailbroken so I don't know if I will be able to sort this out with your kind advice. I guess I have to wait until Evernote adresses all of the negative comments about 2.0 I'm very bummed they changed things so drastically. I had to start using pen ultimate because I need to be able the sketch over camer pictures.......

very sad....

Best,

Z

U

I couldn't agree more - I've just downloaded he latest Skitch update - it's terrible. As a Skitch user since ver 1 and beta's before I'm glad I took the precaution of moving my original Skitch before upgrading. I've immediately removed the 'new' version. So may features I have come to rely on are missing. Sorry Evernote I generally like your program itself but this 'destruction' of Skitch is not warranted!

Archived