(Archived) Web Clipper Icon Becomes Invisible on the Chrome Tool Bar

yoru

I am using Google Chrome with Evernote Clipper both at my office (OS: windows 7) and my home (XP). It occurs only at the office that every time I launch Chrome, the Web Clipper icon become invisible. I can see a space for the icon and "Clip to Evernote" message pops up when I hover my mouse over the space but it is not visible, and when I actually click it, a small error message window pops up and it includes a message that the chrome failed to find the directory or something and "(net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND):." I know I can fix this by reinstalling Clipper (disabling the extension and reactivating it again doesn't work) but I wonder if there is any way to fix this problem.

Hi yoru,

Haven't heard about this issue before so thanks for sharing. Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it? Seems like something happened at install time. I also would like to know your Chrome version, make sure you are running the latest stable version 21.

I was having trouble getting web clipper to work and decided to start over so I clicked "disable". Now when I try to install it the icon never shows up and there is no space or response. I have tried to find where I can "enable" again but no luck. Help?

> jbignert

Thanks for the reply. My chrome version at the office is the latest. Now I assume the problem has something to do with the logging in and out process, which I need to do for the office PC (windows 7). I had already tried re-installation and knew it would work. Today I did re-installation again and Evernote is working alright so far (no problem as I shut off Chrome once and launch it) but have to wait until tomorrow to see what would happen if I log in to the PC again (cause I can't just log out now during my work). I will post the update later.

> lemilor

Did you disable it by right clicking the Evernote icon? You can "disable" a certain extension by checking off the blank in the extension page.

The same problem happened again. Now I believe it has something to do with the log-in process to the PC as I have to share the same PC with some other staff at the office. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to consult the administrator about this problem... The only thing I can do now is to reinstall the web clipper every time I log in to the PCm which is a bit of a pain in the neck.

Archived