Taking pics in Evernote

I'd like to insert pics taken in Evernote into my notes, but I can't figure out how to zoom the camera using the option within the note. To clarify, I'm not trying to insert an image I've already taken - I'm trying to use the camera while I'm in a note to take a picture. For example ... I'm using EN to type notes during a lecture, but I want to take a picture of an image my professor puts on the white board. I can't get the camera within EN to zoom up to the whiteboard.

• 2 months later...

Evernote team - come on! Reply!

I have an iPad3 as well, bought that on the launch day, bought Evernote almost immediately after I got the iPad a week later - that version of Evernote handled zooming when taking pictures inside the app.

Subsequent updates to Evernote removed this feature so now I have to take pics in the regular iPad camera app, zoom there, then add those into Evernote from the library.

Is this change an Evernote screwup - or - as I suspect, another Apple screwup where they refuse to let apps interact with their hardware? Can someone clarify who owns this idiotic feature rollback?

• 1 year later...

Being able to zoom using the camera feature in Evernote would be very valuable. I like to capture power points on the screen when taking presentation notes - having to go to the iPad mini camera and bag wastes a lot of time - sometimes the presenter has moved on.

Being able to resize the picture (just to a thumbnail would help) after it's in the notes would help too...

Archived