(Archived) HELP: After theft

Following problem: my Android phone and tablets were stolen. Both with important data shared in Evernotes. Now I have the data saved only in my notebook.

1st question: what shall I do? Delete account totally and start with a new one? Sync with Zero data?

2nd question: is there somewhere a sort of login report so that I could check if the thief did start/use my evernote?

Thanks in advance for help. I am a newbie

• Level 5*

Following problem: my Android phone and tablets were stolen. Both with important data shared in Evernotes. Now I have the data saved only in my notebook.

1st question: what shall I do? Delete account totally and start with a new one? Sync with Zero data?

2nd question: is there somewhere a sort of login report so that I could check if the thief did start/use my evernote?

Thanks in advance for help. I am a newbie

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I think there are a few things that you can do.

- If you had offline notebooks and want to erase that data, then you can export all of your notes from your account, save to your desktop, go into your account, delete everything, empty your trash, and then sync. When the person with your phone tries to sync Evernote, it will overwrite everything and delete it.

- If you don't have offline notebooks, then there isn't much point in syncing to delete things, since most (with the exception of a handful that are cached) are just titles. So, all you need to do is go to www.evernote.com and change your password. There is no need to make a new account.

There isn't any login report that I know of, but you could contact Evernote (see my signature below) and ask. My guess is that you wouldn't learn much from it, and it would be a waste of time. Going forward, you'll definitely want to have your devices locked, and you may even want a pin lock for Evernote (though, this makes the Widget useless).

Archived