(Archived) Feature Request!

Hi,

Ok. Before I go on let me state that I am pretty sure that what I am about to request is silly...and maybe downright dumb so nobody freak out. I want to know if there will ever be any means to synchronize Evernote database(s) between Mac and PC version of Evernote locally. I appreciate that this can already be done using online notebook and sync, but I have notebooks with very sensitive corporate information and would get fried if it came to light that I was storing this online (regardless of security claims of the online provider etc.) SO. All I want to know is can I do this? Will I ever be able to do this? With OneNote (sorry) you can store the DB on a share and multiple clients can access etc. Of course not so easy multiplatform I know. I guess what I am looking for is a local Evernote Server application. Any chance?

Thanks,

Mark

There's no peer-to-peer synchronization ... this is a pretty tricky problem when you take into account conflicting changes, etc.

Next month, we'll add an export feature for Mac and Windows that will export to a common, platform-neutral file format. We'll also add simple scripting options to both clients so that you could (e.g.) select all of the notes in a notebook and export them from a shell script.

You could use these to export all of your local notes to a file, and then carry them and import them on another computer, although this would be a bit of a manual process.

I would settle for a script...looking forward to it! Thanks for the reply. Love Evernote BTW. It was a really tough switch from OneNote but I have committed myself to it and feel really good about the direction you guys are going. For the record, I would pay for a local server application. (I realize it conflicts with the whole online model)

Thanks Again,

Mark

Archived