(Archived) Cannot login to Web Clipping on Safari 5.1.1

Runny

Hello All,

I have just loaded the Web Clipping gizmo into Safari 5.1 and find I cannot log into my Evernote account. When I click on the little icon, I get a login window and enter my username and password that I use everywhere else. I then get a message that says "Your username must start and end with a letter or number, it can contain hyphens and underscores". So I cannot log in. I am using EXACTLY the same credentials I use on my full Mac version, iPhone, iPad and Web versions of the product. This seems like a real bug. Interestingly when I click on the username entry field, there is no cursor showing, but the letters show as I type them.

Suggestions from anyone who has solved this? Any notes from the developers as to why this happens? I had no issues with the version for older Safari browsers.

Thanks in advance.

David

Hi David, thanks for the report. We haven't heard about issues with credentials being rejected so let me look into it.

As for the cursor not showing up, that is a bug in Safari.

It can help to uninstall and then re-install the Safari extension.

Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled and re-installed a number of times - using the image loaded from the Apple site as well as from the Evernote site. I got it to work fine in Chrome and Firefox worst case I can use them to do web clipping - I would just prefer to use Safari.

David

Hi Runny, I think the problem is that you are using your full email address to login. Which you should be able to do, so there is a bug for that. However try using just your username while logging in and that should resolve it. Let me know otherwise.

I will fix logging in with email address in the next release.

Archived