(Archived) Feature request: Customizable thumbnail view

L.S.,

In the Mac client, you have a very nice thumbnail view that shows your Evernote notes in a more graphical representation - currently the UI only allows for a limited amount of ways the notes are being grouped (by date, by title, by size, by source url). I think it would be a nice feature if it would be possible to group these thumbnails by a tag (grouping by the subtags under the tag).

An example: if you could create a tag context with subtags @home, @work, @customer, ..., this new feature would allow you to create an graphical representation of notes by context (bringing the UI fanciness of SpringPad closer to the powerful and stable environment of Evernote ;))

Regards,

Gert

• Level 5*

I know that you can do this in the Windows client's snippet view, by clicking on the sorting dropdown to the left of the search filter control. Of course, there's no actual grouping; it's just sort by first tag in each note's tag list.

L.S.,

Thanks for your reply! I wasn't aware of the sort by tag in the snippets view, which is a good start, but I was really looking for the 'grouped' look and feel that the Mac client applies when you do a thumbnail view by date. Just being able to do that 'by tag' (either selecting the tags to group by or using the tag hierarchy to only group by subtags of a given tag) would be awesome, especially if you can then take your saved searches and just apply this new thumbnails 'by tag' view on that to get everything in your search visually organised.

Just imagine something like https://skitch.com/gertv/gy9eh/all-note ... 29-notes-1 but then grouped by priority, location, context, project, ... (or whatever tag hierarchy you're using)

Regards,

Gert

Archived