(Archived) HTC Flyer

smath

I saw that Best Buy just lowered the price of the HTC Flyer from $500 to $300 due to the new kindle fire coming out soon. A while back there was a Evernote blog post on this tablet and I was interested back then, but the price held me back. I like the look of their Evenote integration, but I wonder; is it still relevant now that skitch is incorporated into Evernote? I know that rich text editing is not available in the Flyer notes app and while the pen technology might be better than what's available in skitch, is it worth it? I know there are honeycomb tablets out there with comparable prices that are more powerful in terms of processing power and such. Even the kindle fire will have a dual core processor while the Flyer doesn't.

What do you all think? One of the main reasons I want a tablet is for note taking. Is the kindle fire sufficient (and will it run Evernote effectively), or should I take the plunge and get the Flyer for the added integration? Other good tablets for using Evernote?

Here's the blog post on the flyer for those that didn't see it.

http://blog.evernote.com/2011/09/02/htc-tablets-and-evernote/#comments

Thanks,

Steve

Archived