(Archived) Feature Request - email reader

gazumped

• Level 5*

I've spent some time putting relevant emails into my notes because (using Outlook 2003 at least) I can reopen those emails and copy/ forward/ reply as though they were still stored in my local outlook. At least that works on my desktop. Just tried to embed a reservation confirmation email so I can refer to it on the road, and checked the display on my handset.. and I get an error "no activity found to handle this action".

OK, no biggy; I can embed the full content instead of attaching the .MSG file to the note. But I had gotten rather fond of attaching emails, because the layout and the headers tend to take up a lot of display real estate, and can lead to l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g notes. Scanning down a list of brief comments plus attachments like -

• (date )Hotel confirmation

(date) Hotel booked

means I have an audit trail that I can dig deeper into if I need to.

So: Dear Santa Elephant - please could you look at including some way to read email files if they're embedded as attachments? Thankx

PS - any chance of some kind of warning / error message in the app to say "you can't open these files"? Might have forwarned me about this before I saved so many emails into my notes!

(NB: not complaining, just constructively observing!) :(

• Level 5*

..And of course you can always use the Outlook clipper to add an email to Evernote, then copy that note link and embed it into another note showing the whole timeline for a specific project or trip.

• (date )Hotel confirmation

(date) Hotel booked

etc...

But still it would be less labour if Evernote could display .MSG files right off the bat.

Archived