(Archived) Be able to sort all note by most recently viewed.

• Level 5*

[You seem to have posted this request in at least two places.]

Currently there's no way to have Evernote do this automatically -- you need to perform some action yourself. Probably applying a special tag would be sufficient -- I have one named '@Star' for that purpose, though it turns out that I rarely use it.

Also, in the Windows client (maybe others), you can move through your note visit history by using Alt+LeftArrow or Alt+RightArrow. Links to the notes themselves are visible by clicking and holding down the mouse button over the two left and right arrow icons in the toolbar. The note history is now retained between Evernote sessions (i.e., if you do a File / Exit, you lose the settings, though just clicking on the [x] close button will keep part of Evernote in memory, and the history will be retained).

Thanks for the reply.

I currently use a tag called "1 Favorites" and view by tags. The "1" gets the tag to the top. This still forces me to decide if I want the note there and I've found as things change I don't always want the same notes in the top of things. So every so often I go in an edit the notes in the 1 Favorites, remove the tag from the ones I no longer want there.

If Evernote notes had a last viewed date attribute them it could be sorted by that. It would be cool when you jumped into all notes to automatically see what most likey wanted.

• Level 5*
Thanks for the reply.

I currently use a tag called "1 Favorites" and view by tags. The "1" gets the tag to the top. This still forces me to decide if I want the note there and I've found as things change I don't always want the same notes in the top of things. So every so often I go in an edit the notes in the 1 Favorites, remove the tag from the ones I no longer want there.

Yes, that's what the '@' in the '@Star' tag does as well. And tags can be used fluidly -- this is more like I use my '_Todo' tag: I add it when I think that a note is of current interest, and remove it if not. Further tags mark the context (e.g. 'Personal'. 'Work'. etc.). I use this all the time, and it works pretty well for me; if I want something recently viewed, I can always use the history functionality, as described above.

If Evernote notes had a last viewed date attribute them it could be sorted by that. It would be cool when you jumped into all notes to automatically see what most likey wanted.

They're having a tough enough time putting in a Due date (or Subject date) field.

Archived