(Archived) bad first impression (two bugs, two annoyances) v2.2.3

cjbottaro

Idea

I just downloaded Evernote and am faced with two bugs within 5 minutes of using it. What's worse is that these two bugs are things that I primarily want to use Evernote for.

First off, "Clip Rectangle or Window to Evernote..." is completely broken. The crosshairs just freeze as soon as I move them a few pixels.

Second, I used the Chrome extension to save an HTML page to Evernote (clip full page). Naturally, I want to take some notes about this HTML page... but guess what... I can't. Let me explain what I mean by that.

See this screen shot: https://skitch.com/cjbottaro/fj8sa/ever ... formatting

You can't tell from the screenshot, but the cursor is in that grey box (right after the email address). If I type anything or add a horizontal rule, they get added into that grey box. In essence, I'm editing the HTML snippet, not adding a note to it.

There needs to be a way to add a newline, without carrying over the formatting, to a note.

Now for the annoyances. The red circle. It currently shows if you have only one note. The logic should be: show the circle if the user has never hit the new button before.

Second annoyance, Evernote doesn't recognize urls and auto hyperlink them. Someone reported this 2 and half years ago on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8069 From the looks of the thread, this feature seems to be implemented in other clients. Why has something so basic, and useful, as auto hyperlinking not made it into the Mac version in 2.5 years?

I'm using Evernote 2.2.3 on OS X 10.6.8.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I can't speak to your Mac-related issues.

Now for the annoyances. The red circle. It currently shows if you have only one note. The logic should be: show the circle if the user has never hit the new button before.

Previously discussed. Please search the forum for "red circle".

Archived